- Submit an enquiry to a product.
- Wait for a call from nearest supplier from your area.
- Get quote and product details.
- Choose best from them.
Centrifugal Pumps for Power SupplyMinimax Pumps Private Limited from Nashik
We have marked a distinct position in the market by providing an excellent range of Centrifugal Pump.
Single Stage Centrifugal PumpAmbica Machine Tools from Ahmedabad
We are offering a wide range of Single Stage Centrifugal pump. Features: Quick delivery E.
Cast-Iron Centrifugal PumpJee Pumps (Guj) Private Limited from Ahmedabad
Cast Iron Industrial Centrifugal PumpCreative Engineers from Ahmedabad
Cast Iron Industrial Centrifugal Pump .
SS Milk PumpsVed Engineering from Greater Noida
Our reputation in the market is largely attributable to our best quality range of SS Centrifugal Pum.
Stainless Steel 316l/304 Sanipure Sanitary Centrifugal Pumps, SWSCP1HP, 30000lphSanipure Water Systems from Mumbai
We offers wide range of Sanitary Centrifugal Pumps for Pharma/ Pure Water/Dairy/ Food Industry. This.
Self Priming Centrifugal Pump Set, 2900 & 1450 RPMTech-mech Engineering Co. from Mumbai
Our clients can avail a quality range of Self Priming Centrifugal Pump Set from us. All these self-p.
MS Single Phase Self Priming Centrifugal Pump, 110-230 VVND Plastico Pumps Private Limited from Vadodara
We offer Self Priming Centrifugal Pump. It is a single stage horizontal centrifugal pump. Plastico P.
2 hp Single Phase Centrifugal Water PumpUnisoft Pheripherials from Rajkot
A centrifugal pump is a rotodynamic pump that uses a rotating impeller to increase the pressure and .
Johnson Combinormm Centrifugal PumpsMakharia Machineries Pvt. Ltd. from Mumbai
The CombiNorm is a centrifugal pump according to EN733 (DIN 24255). This is one of the most versatil.
Self Priming Centrifugal Jet PumpsKSB Pumps Limited from Pune
We are offering Self Priming Centrifugal Jet Pumps to our clients. .
Self Priming Sanitary Centrifugal PumpFEC India Private Limited from Chennai
Pumps in the LKHSP series are self priming,which means they can be used to pump products containing .
DC Centrifugal PumpsReliable Engineers from Ahmedabad
With the valuable assistance of our skilled team of professionals, we have been able to come up with.
Electronic PumpsFlorida International from Nashik
Electronic Pumps by Florida International .
Ci Single Phase Centrifugal End Suction Pump, Size: 32 To 200 Mm, Up To 3500 RpmShivam Enterprise from Ahmedabad
Centrifugal End Suction pump with Open/Semi-Open Impeller We are noteworthy in this organization, en.
Suction Centrifugal PumpMackwell Pumps & Controls from Ahmedabad
Product Description: These pumps are apt for Chemical, Petrochemical Power generation application.
Solvent Transfer PumpMicro Tech Engineering from New Delhi
• Head : 80 meter • Capacity &n.
Centrifugal Boiler Feed PumpPump Engineering Co. Private Limited from Ahmedabad
We offer Centrifugal Boiler Feed Pump. It is a high pressure multistage pumps. It is accompanied wit.
Hygienic Centrifugal PumpsAlpha Neutech Pump & Systems from Coimbatore
By keeping track of current market development, we are offering an excellent range of hygienic centr.
Prisma - Horizontal Multi-stage Centrifugal PumpAquatech Engineers from New Delhi
Quiet-running multi-stage centrifugal pumps. Available with Pressure Kit. App.
Sanitary Centrifugal PumpsAll Flow Pumps & Engineers from Hyderabad
Sanitary Centrifugal Pumps which are made using premium quality raw materials and modern machines an.
Self Priming V Type Centrifugal PumpS. K. Das & Brothers from Howrah
With our years of experience, we are indulged in manufacturing Self Priming V type Centrifugal Pump..
S. S. Monoblock Centrifugal Pump with TrolleyS. R. Industries from Nagothane
S. S. Monoblock Centrifugal Pump with Trolley .
High Speed Water Pump, Speed: up to 3500 RPMSujal Engineering from Ahmedabad
By keeping track with the market development, we are offering optimum quality High Speed Water Pump .
Jee Pumps Up To 350 Mtrs Cast Iron Multi Stage Centrifugal PumpJee Pumps (Guj) Private Limited from Ahmedabad
We offer Multi-Stage Centrifugal Pump. “JEE pumps” series JCBFP pumps are vertical split.
Slurry Pumps, Max Flow Rate: 5 - 400 cube per hourCreative Engineers from Ahmedabad
We are the suppliers of Slurry Pumps.Applications:“PS” type pumps are used in paper & pu.
1 hp Single Phase Centrifugal PumpsDPL Valves & Systems Private Limited from Mumbai
We are a leading manufacturer and supplier of centrifugal pumps and lobe pumps for many pharmaceutic.
Electric Centrifugal Monoblock Pump, Voltage: 110-415 VTech-mech Engineering Co. from Mumbai
Stainless Steel 316 Horizontal Centrifugal Pump, Speed: Up to 3500 RPMVND Plastico Pumps Private Limited from Vadodara
We are providing Horizontal Centrifugal Pump Application: Hot and cold water circulati.
Three Phase Centrifugal Self Priming Mud Pumps, Capacity: 250 m3/hrSMS Pump & Engineers from Ahmedabad
Backed by our experienced team of professionals, we have been able to put forth a quality assured ar.
Single Phase Metallic Centrifugal Pump, 240 VPropeller Pumps from Ahmedabad
Single Stage TOSS Industrial Centrifugal Pump, ElectricReliable Engineers from Ahmedabad
With the valuable assistance of our skilled team of professionals, we have been able to come up with.
Hamraj Electric Centrifugal Monoblock Pump, 380 VHamraj Enterprises from Ghaziabad
We are leading supplier & distributor of Monoblock Centrifugal Pump. .
3 hp Electric Centriblock Pump, Voltage: 230 VAllied Pumps from Kolkata
JIKSAN Blue Gland/Mechanical Self Priming Bare Shaft Non-Clog Pumps, Electric, Capacity: Up To 650 M3/hrShivam Enterprise from Ahmedabad
Operating Range:Capacity: Up to 650 M3/hrHead: Up to 50 meterDischarge Size: Dn 40 to 200 mmTemperat.
Khyati Single Stage Centrifugal Monoblock Pump, Model Name/Number: Kcm - 111Khyati Enterprise from Rajkot
We are successfully meeting the varied requirements of our clients by providing the best quality ran.
Kirloskar Stainless Steel Electric Centrifugal Pumps, Warranty: 1 YearZed Plus Enterprise from Ahmedabad
Mackwell Cast Iron Centrifugal Process PumpMackwell Pumps & Controls from Ahmedabad
Hot and cold water circulation cooling water circulationDrip irrigation water supply and building se.
LEAKLESS Upto 150 Mtr Monoblock Centrifugal Pump, Max Flow Rate: Upto 250 M3/Hr, Model: LMPLeakless (india) Engineering from Mumbai
Monoblock Centrifugal Type Pumps Are Mainly Designed To Occupy Less Space As Compare To Coupled Pump.
BEHP CI or SS End Suction Centrifugal Pump, HorizontalBeseem Solutions Private Limited from Kolkata
Being the trusted industry in the market, we are involved in offering a wide assortment of End Sucti.
Globe Star Cast Iron Horizontal Centrifugal Pump, 0.5 HP, ElectricGlobe Star Engineers (India) Private Limited from Ahmedabad
We are instrumental in offering optimum quality Horizontal Centrifugal Pump, is made in-line with th.
Cast Iron Diesel Centrifugal Water PumpPrabhukrupa Industrial Corporation from Rajkot
Electric Rubberlined Centrifugal PumpFluidotech Pumps & Equipment Private Limited from New Delhi
Kirloskar Centrifugal PumpPump House from Vadodara
We are dealing in Kirloskar Centrifugal Pump..
Everest Analyticals Horizontal Centrifugal Pump, Available, Maximum Discharge Flow (in LPM): DiffersEverest Analyticals from Thane
We are a leading name in the manufacturing and exporting of Horizontal Centrifugal Pumps. .
End Suction Centrifugal PumpsMukund Enterprise from Ahmedabad
To cater the variegated needs of our esteemed customers, we are highly engaged in offering a wide ar.
End Suction Centrifugal PumpGuru Teg Bahadur Engineering Works from Sonipat
We are a unique name in the industry, devoted towards offering the best quality range of End Suction.
Multistage Centrifugal PumpSSR Engineering from Coimbatore
In order to keep pace with never ending demands of the customers, our company is instrumental in off.
Centrifugal PumpPerfect Engineers from Vadodara
Pioneer in this industry, we are engaged in providing a high-quality range of Centrifugal Pump.Detai.
Victor/ Stanflo Three Phase Semi Impeller Self Priming Water PumpStandard Global Supply Pvt. Ltd. from Pune
We bring forth vast industrial experience and expertise in this business, involved in offering a hig.
SS Centrifugal Monoblock PumpNipa Commercial Corporation from Navi Mumbai
Low Voltage Centrifugal Monoblock Pumpsets Up To 25 H.p:Horizontal Openwell Pumpsets Up To 15 H.p.Ve.
Centrifugal Process PumpBhagylaxmi Trading from Ahmedabad
With sincerity and hard work of our professionals, we have carved a niche for ourselves in this doma.
End Suction Centrifugal PumpShivpumps & Equipments from Valsad
Being one of the renowned firms in the industry, we are decidedly involved in providing a high-quali.
Centrifugal PumpsPump Engineering Co. Private Limited from Ahmedabad
Centrifugal Pumps .
Polypropylene Centrifugal PumpAcme Engineering Industries from Ahmedabad
We are a highly acclaimed name in offering the best range of Polypropylene Pumps. These are availabl.
Centrifugal Process PumpDeval Enterprise from Ahmedabad
Owing to our years of industry experience and precise knowledge of this domain, we are offering an o.
PP Centrifugal Pump, ElectricMoni Pumps & Equipments from Mohali
PP Centrifugal Pumpmajorely this is used for chemical plant and pharmaceticual plant and stell plant.
Centrifugal Pumps, ElectricSkymech Engineers from Jaipur
Taking end suction pumps to a new level By combining high efficiency with high flexibility regarding.
Polypropylene Centrifugal PumpShreya Engineering from Valsad
Backed by years of industry experience, we are engaged in offering a premium quality range of P.
Centrifugal PumpNavkar Engineering from Ahmedabad
Being one of the trusted firms in the industry, we are highly engaged in providing a unique range of.
Self Priming Centrifugal PumpMahaveer Industry from Coimbatore
Owing to the rich industrial experience and expertise in this business, we are involved in providing.
Horizontal Multistage Centrifugal PumpPumps Care Technology from Coimbatore
In order to keep pace with the never-ending demands of customers, we are involved in offering a wide.
Centrifugal Water PumpsNew Bombay Electricals & Hardware from Pune
Centrifugal Water Pumps.
Stainless Steel CNP Horizontal Multistage PumpFlow Tech Systems from Chennai
Leveraging the skills of our qualified team of professionals, we are instrumental in offering a wide.
Centrifugal Polypropylene PumpAnuvintech Pumps & Systems from Pune
We are offering Centrifugal Polypropylene Pump to our clients. .
8 hp Stainless Steel Three Phase Horizontal Centrifugal PumpHarihar Enterprises from Delhi
We have marked a distinct position in the market by providing an excellent range of Horizontal Centr.
Single Phase Multi Stage Centrifugal Pumps for Agricultural, Motor Horsepower: 5 hpCeto Water from Pune
Multi Stage Centrifugal Pumps.
Horizontal Single Stage PumpsSedan Engineering Enterprises from Hyderabad
Engineered with utmost precision and perfection, the range of our Horizontal Single Stage Pumps find.
Investment Casting SS PumpsHmp Pumps & Engineering Private Limited from Chennai
CRI Centrifugal Regenerative Pump, ROYALE-52-NR-4
Single Stage Cast Iron 2HP Centrifugal Pump, For Industrial
0.5 HP Single Phase Centrifugal Regenerative Pump, Max Flow Rate: 700 Lpm, Model Name/Number: Neon-NH60Sagar Electric And Hardware Stores from Mumbai
Two Stage Cast Iron Three Phase Centrifugal Monoblock PumpM/s Dinesh Agency from Indore
UNIFORCE Single Stage Titanium Centrifugal Pumps, Water CooledUniforce Engineers from Chennai
Cast Iron 2 HP Cast-iron Single Stage Centrifugal PumpHindustan Engineering And Company from Chennai
Electric 50 Meter Horizontal Centrifugal Process Pumps, 1450 RPM
1 HP Three Phase Centrifugal PumpMD Corporation from Ahmedabad
CNP Single Stage RO Feed Pump, Electric, Air CooledH 2 O Ion Exchange from Ahmedabad
Single Stage 0.5HP Centrifugal PumpHussain Salles from Pune
KSB Multi-Stage Centrifugal Pump, For IndustrialEminent Engineering Services from Kolkata
Single Stage 2 HP Regenerative Centrifugal Pump, 2900 Rpm, Air CooledRaja Industrials from Chennai
114 M Stainless Steel CNP CDL 4-12 SS 304 Centrifugal PumpPervel Water Management Solutions from Chennai
KTS Three Phase 1 HP Centrifugal PumpKavisa Tech Solutions from Delhi
1HP Centrifugal Chemical Pumpmeera exim from Morbi
Single Phase Polypropylene Centrifugal Pump, Maximum Flow Rate: 2900 RPMJetro Sales from Jamshedpur
Three Phase Ebara Pumps Horizontal Centrifugal PumpOms Hydraulics from Mumbai
SS Centrifugal PumpRam RO Technology from Chennai
Kirloskar Centrifugal PumpDelta Pumps & Heat Transfer Systems from New Delhi
Single Phase 0.5 HP Stainless Steel Centrifugal Pumps, 50 Lpm
1-7.5 HP Three Phase CRI DORA Monoblock PumpKS Engineering from Madurai
Liquid Transfer Pump (Centrifugal Type)Reva Pharma Machinery from Vadodara
Sameer Cast Iron Self Priming Water Pump, 1700 rpmCorsa Pump Agencies from Secunderabad
Centrifugal Pumps Price List in India
|Product Name||Price in INR||City|
|High Speed Water Pump, Speed: up to 3500 RPM||6900.00 / Number||Ahmedabad|
|Jee Pumps Up To 350 Mtrs Cast Iron Multi Stage Centrifugal Pump||22000.00 / Piece||Ahmedabad|
|Slurry Pumps, Max Flow Rate: 5 - 400 cube per hour||40000.00 / Unit||Ahmedabad|
|1 hp Single Phase Centrifugal Pumps||15000.00 / Piece||Mumbai|
|Electric Centrifugal Monoblock Pump, Voltage: 110-415 V||13000.00 / Piece||Mumbai|
|Stainless Steel 316 Horizontal Centrifugal Pump, Speed: Up to 3500 RPM||9990.00 / No||Vadodara|
|Three Phase Centrifugal Self Priming Mud Pumps, Capacity: 250 m3/hr||18000.00 / No||Ahmedabad|
|Single Phase Metallic Centrifugal Pump, 240 V||20000.00 / Piece||Ahmedabad|
|Single Stage TOSS Industrial Centrifugal Pump, Electric||18000.00 / Piece||Ahmedabad|
Centrifugal Pumps Brands List
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Kirloskar Centrifugal Pumps
- CRI Centrifugal Pumps
- Crompton Centrifugal Pumps
- Texmo Centrifugal Pumps
- KSB Centrifugal Pumps
- Havells Centrifugal Pumps
- Oswal Centrifugal Pumps
- Apex Centrifugal Pumps
- V-Guard Centrifugal Pumps
- Usha Centrifugal Pumps
- Suguna Centrifugal Pumps
- Grundfos Centrifugal Pumps
- Beacon Centrifugal Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Jain Centrifugal Pumps
- Varuna Centrifugal Pumps
- Topland Centrifugal Pumps
- Sileaf Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Centrifugal Pumps
- RK Centrifugal Pumps
- Sujal Centrifugal Pumps
- hindustan Centrifugal Pumps
Top 10 Centrifugal Pumps Manufacturers / Suppliers List in India
Makharia Machineries Pvt. Ltd.
From Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 400025
Makharia Machineries Pvt. Ltd. is suppliers from Mumbai. It is established in year 1968 and having 400 plus employees.The contact address of Makharia Machineries Pvt. Ltd. is No. 310/311, Nav Neelam Building Dr. R. G. Thadani Marg, Worli.
SMS Pump & Engineers
From Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, 382445
SMS Pump & Engineers is suppliers from Ahmedabad. It is established in year 2010 and having 200 plus employees.The contact address of SMS Pump & Engineers is 195, Pushpak Industrial Estate, Old Nika Tube Compound Phase I, GIDC, Vatva.
Mach Power Point Pumps India Private Limited
From Kolkata, West Bengal, India, 700001
Mach Power Point Pumps India Private Limited is suppliers from Kolkata. It is established in year 2004 and having 100 plus employees.The contact address of Mach Power Point Pumps India Private Limited is No. 21/A, Canning Street, Ground Floor.
From Gurgaon, Haryana, India, 122002
Laxmi Enterprises is suppliers from Gurgaon. It is established in year 2001 and having 100 plus employees.The contact address of Laxmi Enterprises is BM Plaza, Office No. 17, Krishna Market.
Shri Jagdhamba Enterprises
From Hyderabad, Telangana, India, 500003
Shri Jagdhamba Enterprises is suppliers from Hyderabad. It is established in year 2002 and having 100 plus employees.The contact address of Shri Jagdhamba Enterprises is No. 3-A, 3rd Floor, Maitri Arcade.
Anmol Pharma Equipments
From Nagothane, Maharashtra, India, 400604
Anmol Pharma Equipments is suppliers from Nagothane. It is established in year 2002 and having 100 plus employees.The contact address of Anmol Pharma Equipments is C/o Shahani & Sons Industries, Plot No. A-437, Lane No. 3, Road No. 28 Opposite Emco Co., Gate No. 3, Wagle Estate.
Jaya Industries, Kolkatta
From Kolkata, West Bengal, India, 700028
Jaya Industries, Kolkatta is suppliers from Kolkata. It is established in year 1969 and having 300 plus employees.The contact address of Jaya Industries, Kolkatta is No. 543, Jessore Road Dum Dum.
From Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 400003
Parshwa Traders is suppliers from Mumbai. It is established in year 1992 and having 100 plus employees.The contact address of Parshwa Traders is 34, Nagdevi Street 212, Karani Niwas.
From Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, 380027
Ken Engineers is suppliers from Ahmedabad. It is established in year 2000 and having 100 plus employees.The contact address of Ken Engineers is No. 309, Nandanvan Complex, Opposite RTO, Subhas Bridge Circle.
From Kolkata, West Bengal, India, 700001
Jain Electricals is suppliers from Kolkata. It is established in year 1977 and having 100 plus employees.The contact address of Jain Electricals is No. 21A, BRB Basu Road Near Canning Street.
Frequently Asked Questions on Centrifugal Pumps
1. What are centrifugal pumps
Centrifugal pumps are used to transport fluids by the conversion of rotational kinetic energy to the hydrodynamic energy of the fluid flow.
2. What are different types of Centrifugal pump
There are two types of centrifugal pumps that are mostly used centrifugal pumps that are useful for transferring fuel and other types of liquid and including radial and axial centrifugal pumps.
Radial centrifugal pumps smooth a flow that is sped up in an outward moving via a pump the rotating part of a centrifugal pump, compressor, or other machine designed to move fluid by rotation.
3. What are some features of Centrifugal pumps
- The centrifugal pumps impart momentum to the fluid by rotating impellers that are immersed in the fluid.
- The momentum produces an increase in pressure or flow at the pump outlet.
- Centrifugal Pumps come in many different shapes and sizes.
- The Centrifugal pump is a long term asset and free from regular maintenance.
- Centrifugal Pumps have been designed with fewer parts to troubleshoot and maintain pumps quickly and efficiently
4. Centrifugal pumps used for
The Centrifugal pumps are used to transport fluids by the transformation of rotational kinetic energy to the hydrodynamic energy of the fluid flow. The rotational energy typically comes from an engine or electric motor. They are a sub-class of dynamic axisymmetric work-absorbing turbomachinery.
5. What is the some advantage of centrifugal pump?
Advantages of the centrifugal pump such as their aforementioned simplicity.
- It also allows them to move at high speeds with minimal maintenance
- This makes it easy to produce with many different materials.
- They don't require any valves or many moving parts.
6. What are the limitations of a centrifugal pump
The efficient operation of a centrifugal pump relies on the constant, high-speed rotation of its impeller. With high viscosity feeds, centrifugal pumps become increasingly inefficient: there is greater resistance and higher pressure is needed to maintain a specific flow rate.
7. What are the Common parts of centrifugal pump?
The Common parts of the centrifugal pump found in centrifugal pumps are Pump main housing, bearings, Motor, Coupling, Shaft-drive, Impeller, sealImpeller, Shaft seal.
8. What is the difference between the centrifugal pump and other rotational pumps
The difference between centrifugal and other rotational pumps is that the centrifugal pump is one of the rotary pumps which used the kinetic energy of the impeller. another rotational pump is a positive displacement type pump which is forced by a piston.
9. Which types of motor are used in the centrifugal pump
The centrifugal pumps are the used induction motor Most of the centrifugal pumps are powered by an induction motor. A squirrel cage induction motor is used in a water pump that comes with a 3 phase AC supply. Such motors are less efficient as they are standardized and not individually designed for specific applications.
10. What are centrifugal pumps made of
Centrifugal pumps contain a set of rotating vanes called an impeller. The rotary vanes are usually.
encircle within a housing or casing, and are used to impart energy to a fluid through centrifugal force.
Types of Centrifugal pumps
Centrifugal pumps are of several types depending on the number of impellers, design, construction, service, and many more. Here, we describe all the types based on several factors:
Based on the number of impellers, Centrifugal pumps are of three types:
- Single stage: In this type, one impeller is present which means it has a simple design and easy to maintain.
- Two-stage: Two impellers are present which operate side by side, used for medium head applications.
- Multi-stage: Used for high head application, this type includes three or more impellers.
On the basis of a type of impeller:
- Single Suction: It has one suction in impeller which means fluid enters in blades through only one side. Although its design is simple, it has one limitation which is impeller imbalance due to flow coming in one side.
- Double suction: It overcomes the limitation of impeller imbalance because it is double suction impeller which means fluid enters from both sides of blades.
On the basis of shaft orientation:
- Horizontal: In these pumps, the shaft is in the horizontal plane. It is popular because of easy to maintain and service.
- Vertical: In these pumps, a shaft is in the vertical plane. They require large headroom for maintenance, installation, and service.
Depending on the compliance with industry standards:
- ANSI pump: It stands for American National Standards Institute that refers to dimensional standards. The standards ANSI B73.1 and ASME B73.1 must meet by the pumps.
- API pump: American Petroleum Institute refers to the parameters of pump’s constructions. The pump must meet the requirements of API standards 610 for General Refinery Service.
- ISO pumps: Those pumps that come under ISO pumps must follow ISO 2858, 5199 specifications.
- Nuclear Pumps: The pumps follow ASME specifications.
- DIN pump: Pumps have DIN 24256 specifications, used in large flow rates, very high temperatures, or high working pressures.
On the basis of case-split:
- Axial split: In these, the volute casing splits axially and the split line is at the center line of the shaft. They are mounted horizontally because of easy to maintain and install.
- Radial split: In this, the volute casing splits radially which means the split line is perpendicular to shaft center line.
Components of Centrifugal pumps:
The components are divided mainly into two primary classes that are a wet end and the mechanical end. The wet end of the pump has those parts that determine the hydraulic performance whereas the mechanical end has those parts that help impeller to rotate within a casing. The wet end includes impeller, casing, and mechanical end includes a shaft, shaft sealing, bearings, pipes, etc.
- Impeller: It is the most important component of centrifugal pumps. It is the rotating part of the system which is used to increase the speed of flow. It is mounted on the shaft which is connected with a motor that is used to rotate the impeller.
- Casing: It surrounds the impeller with an airtight passage and acts as a pressure containment vessel. The main work of casing is to provide the flow of liquid in and out of a centrifugal pump. Generally, three types of the casing are used: volute casing, vortex casing, and casing with Guide blades.
- Shaft sealing: It is the special part of centrifugal pumps as it is used to prevent the leakage of the fluid.
- Bearings: It is used to reduce the friction between the shaft and the stator.
- Suction pipe: It is the pipe whose one end is in the water sump and another part is connected with an inlet of an impeller. At the end of the suction pipe, strainer and foot valve are connected. A strainer is used to filter the water and block the unwanted particles.
- Delivery Pipe: It is the pipe whose one end is in the tank where water has to deliver and one end is connected with an outlet of the pump.
Applications of centrifugal pumps:
It is true that a centrifugal pump is the most demanding choice for fluid movement which makes it useful in many industries. Here, we present some applications of centrifugal pumps:
- Dairy Industry: Centrifugal pumps are used to transfer liquid products such as milk, buttermilk, etc.
- Agriculture and Manufacturing: Used for drainage, wastewater processing plants, irrigation and many more.
- Oil & energy: Pumps are used for movement of crude oil, mud, refinery plants, etc.
- Pharma and Cosmetic Industry: Here, pumps are used to transfer glucose, lactose and other chemical substances.
Advantages of centrifugal pumps
The centrifugal pumps are the popular choice for the movement of fluids for below reasons. Get a look at them:
- The utmost advantage of a centrifugal pump is its simplicity. It is small in size and doesn't have complex parts to maintain. This means they need less space to install.
- They are not expensive which means they have a lower capital cost and easily affordable.
- The output of centrifugal water pumps is steady and uniform.
- They can handle any type of fluids which means handle with low to high viscous fluids.
- They are easily maintainable and can be cleaned very quickly.
- They can handle with corrosive and edible types of fluids.
- They are leek free that ensures safety from the toxic fluids.
Disadvantages of centrifugal pumps:
Although, centrifugal pumps are great in use but still, they have some disadvantages which are:
- The main disadvantage is that they use rotation instead of suction which means they have to be underwater to move water.
- They can’t give optimal output with high viscous fluids.
- The size of pumps is also restrictable.
- They don’t produce high pressure as per requirement.