The tiles vary in their material, style, texture and color. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Below is the list of different types of floor tiles.
- Ceramic: The ceramic tiles are available in a huge range of sizes, colors, textures, shapes and finishes. These tiles are fabricated through the process of heating and cooling natural minerals and clay.
- Travertine: Byproducts created by the hot springs give the travertine, which is a form of limestone. The formation process of minerals in travertine is combined giving the unique pattern, collection and character.
- Wood-look: The wooden look is more preferred because of its natural look as well as because of its easy cleaning and low maintenance. These tiles are fabricated using ceramic or porcelain and are more durable than natural wood.
- Porcelain: Porcelain tiles are made by applying heat to the refined clay that produces a denser floor tile. These tiles can be used for both indoors and outdoors. They are available in a range of colors, styles, textures and sizes.
- Marble: The marble tiles are made from extremely durable stone. These stones are available in almost all the colors because of varying mineral composition. They can make the classic floor tiles for your homes.
- Quartzite: The quartzite is again another type of metamorphic rock that naturally provides beautiful texture. They are versatile and are the best fit for both domestic and commercial purposes. They can be used indoors and outdoors because of their great durability.
- Stones and Pebbles: If you want your outdoors to look as beautiful and elegant as indoors then stone and pebble mosaic tiles fit best. These tiles make a one-of-a-kind pattern and become a new focal point of the area they are installed in.
- Onyx: The onyx stone offers transparency and is way different from the natural stones. The onyx tiles are mostly used for indoor flooring, countertops etc., the smooth texture and tone lets the area stand out effortlessly.
Now, that you know different types of flooring tiles let’s understand how to choose floor tiles for your flooring purpose.
Things to consider when choosing your floor tiles
The tiles make a great flooring option for any room. They are stylish, durable and easy to maintain. However, choosing the right floor tiles seems quite challenging. But when you consider your personal style and needs, the job gets easier.
Below is a list of few things you need to consider when choosing floor tiles.
The material of your tiles: The materials of the tiles will eventually be a part of the consideration when buying the floor tiles. So, below are a few tips on choosing the material of your floor tiles according to your needs.
- For an inexpensive and classic option, go for ceramic tiles. They are easy to install but requires high maintenance.
- For a durable yet budget-friendly option, go for porcelain tiles. They are water-resistant and are easy to clean and easily fits any style.
- For soft and quiet touch, go for cork tiles. It makes a great choice for kitchens and bathrooms.
- For a durable and sustainable option, go for bamboo tiles. They are similar to wood flooring and these tiles hold up well in the homes with pets.
- For a modern and industrial look, go for rubber floor tiles. They are durable, easy to maintain and comes in a variety of colors. They make the best option for homes with active children.
- For a long-lasting option, invest in natural tiles. Although they are expensive they look best with the classic, traditional and rustic décor.
Incorporate your own style: A tincture of your own style and creativity will help you give your indoor and outdoor floors that perfect look.
- If you want to give that modern look to your floor, select irregular, large and concrete tiles, which will give chic finish look.
- Make your own designs and patterns using different colors and sizes to add that extra essence of creativity.
- To make the large room feel cozier choose large tiles, also laying the tiles diagonally will make the room appear larger.
Shop the right way: Both in-store and online shopping of your floor tiles is a good idea. Always measure the floor and get an estimated cost. Choose the tiles that suit the aesthetics of your room. Always ask for the samples to figure out how they look practically.
It is important to choose the right floor tiles for all the spaces in your home. However, different spaces will require different texture of tiles. So, figure out well what suits your spaces best by considering the above aspects and buy your floor tiles.