There are so many types of windows available in the market. Among them, the best choice is the french windows in terms of its style and looks. French windows merely look like a double door through which you can add elegance to your house. French windows designs are available in different sizes in the market or online. French windows prices are also affordable to buy among various French window manufacturers and suppliers in India. Hence, now let we see in this article more about french windows, why it is required, their types, benefits and so on.
What are the French windows?
French windows came from the Italians. This is a mixture of a window and a door which gives more sunlight to your house. Formerly, french windows are made up of wood and iron. Nowadays french windows are available in all types of materials but UPVC french windows are considered as affordable french windows due to its price. French windows make any type of house to look stylish.
French windows are a pair of windows which have many small panes and that reach to the floor so that you can open the windows like a door. French windows are always full in-length windows and are also known as French doors which have very large glass panes. French windows are very easy to operate like a door in spite of the sliding window method. They are more like double doors in your house; you can open it how you open your doors in your house. In spite of sliding windows, french windows are best suitable for small houses. French windows designs are also available such as full view french windows, full view black french windows, full view aluminum french windows, french windows with shades and french windows with glass.
A normal french windows size begins from 1 foot 6 inches and is available to 2 inches to 3 feet wide. And more than that french windows have a minimum size as 868 width, 1678 height and maximum size of 2000 width, 2318 height.
The overall price of the french windows starts from some thousands. This price also indicates the cost of materials used in making the french windows and it’s installation. Usually, interior french windows are less costly than the exterior french windows. You can use interior french windows for bedrooms and closets while exterior french windows have the ability to protect the house from invasion by the weather, climate and so on. Thereby, exterior french windows provide security to the house.
Why it is required?
French windows are used for the following reasons:
- French windows are the excellent windows which are best suited for a warm summer climate.
- By this, you can take the look of outdoors inside your house.
- French windows are fully made up of glass or fiberglass which allows sunlight easily to pass through the windows.
- French windows are highly superb in terms of their exquisite characteristics.
- French windows create a breathtaking effect on your house.
- This makes your house interior and exterior spaces related to each other.
- French windows allow direct sunlight flow rather than other windows.
- French windows give us more ventilation during summer days when you open the toppers thus helps you in reducing your electricity bills on fans and air conditioner.
- French windows make you experience your garden outlook even when you are inside your house.
- French windows not only add beauty and elegance to your home but it also creates more value for your house in case of selling it.
Various Types of French Windows
French windows are always considered as a symbol of elegance and add beauty to your house. They are largely fixed in the backyard of a house to create a charming walkway to a garden. There are three types of french windows. They are:
External French patio windows
External French patio windows are one of the most commonly used french windows fitted in the garden. The doors in these windows can usually open outwards while some of these windows can also be opened inwards. This will have a large glass panel which gives you direct access to the sunlight.
Interior french windows
Interior french windows are fitted double french windows which are present between two rooms in the house. By this, it creates more space, more access to sunlight and making partition between two rooms in a smart manner. Interior french windows look like the exterior french windows with two doors but that can be opened by swinging thus creating a larger living space.
Sliding french windows
Sliding french windows are one of the classical design of french windows which always have grace with them. They mostly look like exterior and interior french windows, but in these types of french windows you need not to swing to open; the two doors are fixed aside to create a reasonable amount of space between two rooms by which you can go to your garden. Sliding french windows have fixed panels of glass so that the doors are overlapped when it was opened.
Benefits of the French Windows
The various benefits of using French windows in your homes are:
- French windows are helpful in converting a room; they allow sunlight and give you a view of the outside.
- You can also select french windows to change a wall to make a gentle conversion between the interior and exterior french windows which will help to increase the space if the doors are closed.
- You can also open the windows during warm weather, and to feel the air circulation in your house.
- They provide you with improved home security.
- They have improved energy efficiency, are durable and highly insulated.
- They do not make you spend more on maintenance costs like other windows.
- You can also fix french windows with opaque glass in case you need privacy. You can also use tinted glass french windows which give direct access to the sunlight.
- You can reduce the electricity bills during the summer and winter seasons by using french windows between two rooms.
- Sliding french windows are useful to reduce space that you used for fitting a window rather than you use that available space for decoration purpose.
- French windows give the look of luxury to the interior of the house. Likewise, it creates beauty to the exterior of the building.
- You can also decorate the french windows with drapes, curtains etc., and makes the look of the interior the splendid one.
Without comparison, we cannot judge which windows are more efficient.
Sliding glass windows
Ease to use: They are user-friendly and easy to use as the total weight of the sliding panel is balanced by the track. Thus, it requires no more than a gentle nudge to move.
More space: The doors are sliding in a parallel track other than opening or closing on a hinge, they do not require space to open the window. That's why it makes these windows suitable for small houses having smaller spaces.
Security: They are designed in order to protect your home from any issues.
Sliding windows also gives you a more clear view of the outdoors.
Easy to use: The french windows are created in the way in which you can easily use it. You need more space to fix french windows. You can open the french windows fully but in case of sliding french windows, you can only open the left or the right as much as the frame will allow you to make a move.
Ventilation: French windows give access to the house owner to open the doors fully, so that gives superb ventilation. You can open the doors either to the right or the left so that you can get as much air as you please.
The most important difference to be considered between the patio windows and french windows is how they open. French windows always open outwards and some windows open inwards also while patio windows have to slide along a track to another side to be opened. Patio doors give your house a modern look and hence, they are best suited for modern lovers.
Therefore, in this article, you have been provided with all the required information regarding french windows. We hope you have a good and useful reason for using french windows through this article. You can buy the french windows at affordable prices through various French windows manufacturers and suppliers in India. French windows provide your house with a look of grandness.