Why Industrial Robots are important?
For every person, a robot is a machine that imitates a human or can do a work which is too dangerous, mind-numbing, onerous, or just plain nasty. Like, robots have many applications in various sectors such as hospitals, military, manufacturing and, space; they also are being used in the industrial sector in a big way. In both production and handling purposes, a robot uses EOAT that is an end effector or end of arm tooling accessory to grasp and manage the working of the tools on the processes. Because of the reason that robots are smart enough to do work with more precision and accuracy, and so their demand is emerging at a high rate.
What are the various Applications of Industrial Robots?
The application is the type of the work that the industrial robot is designed to do. Different robots have different requirements to perform a task for what they have been created. Depending on the need of target functionality, the industrial robots have different techniques like movement, linkage dimension, control law, accessory packages and many more. Just scroll down to know about the applications of the industrial robots:
- Handling: The industrial robots are formed in such a way that they are capable enough to handle products, from a tiny needle to a massive machine. They are properly talented to do a tidy work in just a snap of a finger. They are very helpful in industries as they perform the basic functions like feeding the raw material into processing equipment, or pick and place from a conveyor line to packaging and machine tending.
- Palletizing: As the palletizing is the basic work of industry, so it requires a lot of people to do this. But the invention of industrial robots has made this task very easy, which helps in loading folded cartons or other packaged objects onto a pallet in a defined circumscribed design. Robotic palletizers are designed in such a way that they can stand on a fixed position with a special mechanism so that the interfaces build simple to complex layer patterns on top of a pallet that maximize the load’s endurance during transport.
- Cutting: if we go through the work of industry, we find that the cutting is very dangerous in nature. So robots are preferred to use the lasers, plasma and waterjet cutlers for cutting. A great number of different cutting paths are programmed into the robot machinery so that they can work more precisely and accurately in contrast to humans.
- Finishing: Finishing is the most important work in industries as it gives the final look to a product. So, to make the objects awe-majestic, Industrial multi-axis robots have discovered which are efficient in grinding, trimming, fettling, polishing as well as cleaning and a uniform tone ending on any part that can be made from any material.
- Sealing and Gluing: Again, Industrial robots are very supportive in the industry for applying glue or to seal objects as they obey a path with great control over speed while upholding a regular drop or shot of the adhesive substrate. Robots are used in large number in packaging processes for automatic sealing of folded cartons of the product and very often, they also are used for seal in windows in the car industry.
- Spraying: Due to volatile chemical nature of solvent-based paints and coating, it is hazardous for human beings to do this job, so especially paint robots are made-up so that human may not come into contact. These robots are specially designed having thin arms and that is the reason they can't carry much weight. With their arms, they are able to show higher mobility and maximum access so that they can mimic a human's application method.
- Welding: Industrial robots are used for both seam and spot welding, because they produce accurate welds and also, control parameters such as power, wire feed, and gas flow.
Having these enthralling applications, the industrial robots are definitely going to make their realm in the industries. In the few years, all the work in industries will be dependable on the robots.
Types of industrial robots on the basis of their movements:
To get a look on the types of Industrial robots, just go down a little bit and enhance your knowledge:
- Cartesian robots: These robots use linear slides to perform the three translations.
- Scara robots: Scara robots can perform three translations but in addition to this, they can also rotate around a vertical axis.
- 6-axis robots: As the name suggests, six-axis robots are able to rotate their tools in an assigned position (3 translations) and orientation (3 orientations).
- Redundant robots: Redundant robots are the modification of 6 axis robots. In comparison with six-axis robots, that have one posture for the position of given tool, redundant robots support a given tool in various postures. This makes them look like a human being's arm that is holding a fixed handle, although it can move shoulder and elbows.
- Dual-arm robots: Just like the name, Dual Arm robots have two arms that use them on a given work for better performance.
Why are the industrial robots preferable?
There are many reasons that make robots better than humans to do jobs and are capable to substitute them.
- Accuracy – Robots gives the more accuracy than humans as they are software directed.
- Lower labor costs - The industrial robots decrease the labor work and, so the labor cost by performing their work in a couple of minutes or hours. For example, an automatic pallet structure frees operators and diminishes worker tension. It is not wrong to say that the creation of a robot is costly but it is the one-time investment and lifetime earnings.
- Silent operation –Some robots in industries do work silently or produce a very low voice like Servo-based robots palletizers.
- Lowered product damage –The use of robots for the handling of package helps to prevent it from damage and destruction.
- Speed rate – By using robots, the entire systems productivity can be increased by 50% as they have the ability to do the work in just a snap of fingers.
In addition to the above benefits and applications of robots, there is a long chain of advantages of using robots in place of humans. But it is very difficult to roll out all of them, so only a few of them has described getting the overview. Using industrial robots throughout production line can save the time, money and burden. These robots produce high quality products with precise accuracy and can also handle the tedious work to keep you safe and well. So, it is better to increase the use of these robots as much as you can, so no one can lose his or her life by doing the hazardous work.