1. What is the use of a portable solar panel
They can be used for multiple things and can prove to be a good source of power in absence of electricity. Portable solar panels are mostly used for RV camping as they allow you to get electricity even when you are staying outside in a camp.
2. What is the lasting duration of a portable solar panel
A solar panel can last up to many years even without any kind of maintenance or extra effort. The basic life of a portable solar panel is about 30 years after which the productivity decreases a bit. One can continue using the panel as long as one wants even after 30 years.
3. Do portable solar panels have water-resistant quality
Most of the portable solar panels come with a waterproof kit but it is not the same with every panel. While purchasing one should check either for the renogy or zamp controller which makes the solar panel waterproof.
4. While purchasing a portable solar panel what should I keep in my mind
The first thing that you need to do is compare, there are various kinds of portable solar panels available in the market. You should compare and find the desired specs which suit all your needs. The main thing you need to check is high module efficiency or STC rating which will help in knowing the performance of panels in ideal conditions.
5. Can we store energy in portable solar panels
Being small in size these devices can not store a lot of energy as you need to recharge them at regular intervals. But they can prove to be a perfect fit for your backpack if you are planning to go on a long trip, trekking, camping, or any adventurous activity.
6. What are the basic advantages of a portable solar panel
There are various advantages which come up with the portable solar panel kits like,
- They are waterproof and come with a solar charge controller which means it can be used even in adverse weather conditions.
- It has a protective case that comes with the kit and made up of foam to prevent any kind of accidental damage.
- It also comes with overcharge protection which is done by the fully automated charge controller.
- For maximum efficiency, it also supports different battery types on various charging parameters.
7. Can I connect the portable solar panel directly to the battery
Yes, you can do that but it will not prove to be a good idea as a battery requires a voltage of 12 volts while connecting it directly to the panel can generate more current even up to 20 volts that can affect the battery life.