1. What is a solar VFD in the controlling pump
A solar VFD drive is basically an electronic device that helps in controlling the circulating pump in the hot water solar system for harvesting more heat from the solar panels and preventing it from overheating.
2. How does a solar AC pump controller work
The solar pump controller is basically composed of an array of solar panels which is connected in the parallel configuration and series for generating the required amount of power and voltage. The MPPT algorithm of the solar drive of a solar pump works in the sunlight for extracting most of the power and operating motor at variable speed. The range of frequency majorly depends on the speed, motor, power, and hydraulic system available from the solar panel.
3. Which solar pump among AC or DC is better
In terms of efficiency, the DC solar pump is more efficient in comparison to the AC solar pump and it also requires fewer solar panels to work. While in remote areas it is difficult to maintain a DC solar pump as it requires special service centers. On the other hand in comparison to AC pumps, the DC pumps are high in cost and are unable to run in case of nighttime emergencies. That's why it will be good to opt for the AC solar pumps if you are residing in remote areas.
4. What are the major benefits of solar pump controllers
The various benefits of solar AC pump controllers are as follows
- It is easy to install a solar pump controller and can be used for irrigation and supply of drinking water in the off-grid area.
- Solar pump controllers reduce the load of the national grid.
- In comparison to the diesel pumps, it has lower expenses for operating.
- They have almost no or zero-emission of greenhouse gases.
- Solar pumps are commercially available, less expensive to maintain, and are cost-effective.
- In off-grid areas with the help of solar AC pump controllers, farmers can cultivate their crops which saves their time of transporting and collecting water.
5. What are the basic features of a solar AC pump controller
There are multiple features of solar pump controller which are mentioned below:
- There is no use of the battery and starter for the solar pump controller as it uses sunlight energy which makes it cost-effective.
- The reliability and durability of the solar pump controller is high.
- A solar pump controller can work best at any time and is a one-time investment.
- It is also having a high lifecycle along with efficiency.
- It works with the help of the existing AC motor.
6. What is the performance range of a solar AC pump
The range of performance for the solar AC pump controller is:
- Output frequency - 0 to 300 Hz
- Power range - 0.75 to 190 kW
- Input voltage range
- DC 150V to 380V, 1 Phase AC 220V
- DC 200V to 380V, 3 Phase AC 220V
- DC 350V to 750V, 3 Phase AC 380V
7. What are the uses of a solar pump
The solar pumps help in supplying water for irrigation and also provide drinking water to the different remote areas.