1. How does a solar generator work
The functioning of the solar system is not that difficult; it simply allows solar panels to convert the solar light into direct current which then passes through the charge controller. The voltages of electricity are regulated by the charge controller into the battery and then store the solar energy for later use. Later on, whenever needed this stored energy can be converted into electricity with help of the inverter through alternating current. Solar generators also possess multiple charging outlets like USB ports, 12-volt carports, and AC outlets for charging more than one device simultaneously.
2. What are the major pros and cons of a solar generator
Everything has its own advantages and disadvantages, the same is with solar generators. Here we are going to mention a few pros and cons of the generator.
- It doesn't require fuel to work
- Solar generators have low maintenance and are quiet
- Clean renewable energy
- The upfront investment is a bit expensive
- Recharging is slow and takes time
- Limited availax
3. What are the different types of solar generators
There are various types of solar generators that are available but majorly three types of generators being used in residential homes,
- Inverter generators
- Portable generators
- Standby generators
4. What is the lasting power of solar generators
The lifecycle of a solar power generator is quite great and can range from 30 to 40 years. The solar generator is a new technology and is currently running successfully with a high success rate. A solar generator can give you power back up all day long till the internal battery doesn't get drained.
5. What should be the size of a solar generator which is enough for a home
It completely depends on the usage but on average, the size of the generator should be two times the inverter's continuous output. Like if your generator is 2000 watts then the generator should be of at least 4000 watts.
6. Can I use a solar generator to power my home
A solar generator is basically designed to store solar energy and work as a power backup when you are out of electricity. If you want to power your home then for sure you can use a solar generator with high wattage that is enough to supply electricity to your home.
7. Is it mandatory to use a solar generator with a solar power system
Yes, it is a basic necessity but it is not mandatory. If you face a lot of power outages or non-sunny days then definitely there is a requirement for a solar power system.