Besides the covering to the window, these blinds go perfectly with the interiors of the room. So, if you are looking for the window blinds that serves both the purposes perfectly, then you before you lookout for a guide you should know the types of window blinds that are available in the market. So, that you know what suits your interior best.
Different types of window blinds
So, let’s get started with the list of few popular types of window blinds available in the market.
- Vertical blinds: The vertical blinds have the slats individually placed alongside each other and can be opened from either of the sides or from the middle. The vertical louvers blocks the sunlight as per your requirements. These blinds can be used for all kinds of windows, but these are mostly suitable for the floor to ceiling windows and patio doors. The vertical blinds are made up of various fabrics and can be easily controlled.
- Cellular blinds: In Cellular blinds, the hollow spaces in the shape of honeycomb between the front fabric and back fabric works like air cushion consequently offering the insulating and reflecting properties. These blinds are regarded as the energy-efficient window treatment. These window blinds also improve the acoustics of the room by reducing the noise up to 45%.
- Venetian blinds: In Venetian blinds, the slats are horizontally stacked with the help of strings or strips of cloth called as the tapes. Unlike the casual opening in vertical blinds, the Venetian blinds are lifted up to allow the sunlight. While the blinds are lifted up, the slats of the blind gets placed above each other. The Venetian blinds are found in both aluminum and wood. These blinds are easily adjustable and meet your privacy setting or light control.
- Roller blinds: Just like the Venetian blinds, the functioning of roller blinds is simple as lifting and lowering it. These blinds are made up of the synthetic or natural fabric. For different amount of shade or transparency in the room, these blinds are manufactured using different fabrics in order to meet the customer requirements.
- Roman blinds: The operation or functioning of the roman blinds is again similar to the Venetian blinds as the fabric folds into itself. The complete raise of the blinds covers up the topmost portion of the window to an extent that blocks the little amount of outer view. These blinds are available in various fabric and lining options and also have the choice to provide own fabric and get a roman blind created for your place as per your requirements and design.
Why consider a window blind?
The window blinds not just serve the purpose of blocking the sunlight but also serve several other purposes. There are many factors that make window blinds preferable over curtains. Below are few of such factors that make window blinds an appropriate choice for your windows.
- Well, the first one is obvious, that you can’t find a better option than window blind for your windows to control the light. The window blinds have the ability to block or diffuse the light similar to the curtains, but the blinds stand out with the ability of directing the light according to our required direction and intensity.
- Besides enhancing the beauty of your indoors, the blinds also ensure the privacy. They make the perfect way to block the passer by’s gaze into your house.
- Blinds compliment the interiors of your room making it highly stylish and elegant. The blinds can be found in numerous patterns and colors to go well with your interior furniture and walls.
- Compared to the curtains, the maintenance required for the blinds is quite less. A vacuum cleaning or wiping blinds will get them all neat and good for months.
- Depending on your window, you can find the blinds that suit your material, alignment and pattern requirements.
If you are on thought of giving your windows a stunning look, then window blinds are shot worthy. The above-mentioned types of window blinds are the most popular and preferred ones, however, you may find more different types of window blinds in the market. So, figure out what you need and get going to give your window that jaw-dropping look.