Let’s understand what Wood Plastic Composite is.
Understanding the Wood Plastic Composite
The Wood Plastic Composite is a material created by blending natural wood and plastic fibers. The bamboo, pulp, sawdust, unused woodworking materials like bark from variety of projects are mixed with the plastic powder to form WPC. Something remarkable about the wood plastic composite would be its creation from the recycled materials collected from C&D operations, wood product manufacturing facilities and others. Above all, the WPC can also be recycled to create new WPC, making the WPC an ultimate recyclable commodity.
Since it is made from the wood plastic composite, which starts as a paste and can be molded almost in any shape, size also including the arched or bent shapes. This innate flexibility of WPC also extends to the color as well. The WPC can be colored or dyed in almost any design. From the functionality perspective, the wood plastic composite is something you can rely on for the longer period. It is moisture-resistant and rot-resistant which means the material will last integrally and aesthetically longer than any other normal wood. Also, the WPC is more heat-resistant than any typical lumber and makes a product that can be used in locations where there are chances of normal lumber bending out.
So, basically, it makes the real lumber alternative. Depending on the material the sawdust is combined with like polypropylene and polyethylene. The WPC can be used for various kinds of construction projects similar to the natural lumber. The drilling, sanding, planning is all done easily on WPC similar to the wood.
Above all, the construction professionals talk about the comfort in fastening the WPC. It is observed that the wood fasteners like screws, nails achieve better hold in WPC when compared to the natural wood. When it comes to the natural wood, the splitting and breaking at the ends of planks is common, which is less likely in WPC. Also, the WPC’s specialized and customizable makeup uniquely equips the material to handle all the weather conditions preventing from damage. So, if you are looking for the material that stands best at the time of test then definitely WPC is worth considering.
Benefits or Advantages of using WPC
Now that we know what WPC is, let’s get a brief glance on the benefits of using WPC than the natural or real wood. As WPC is a hybrid material that merges the benefits of wood and also the plastic, it has numerous advantages when compared to the classic building materials. Below is a list of benefits of using WPC
- Water-resistant - As mentioned above, the WPC is made of wood fiber and plastic. This material mixture has very high water resistance. It is a considerable asset for the construction materials. Considering the outdoor furniture like benches, tables can be made out of it without any second thought.
- Easy-to maintain - Well, the Wood Plastic Composite is among the materials that requires very little care or maintenance. Since it has a strong resistance against the weather conditions it can completely stand all the extreme conditions without any damage. Moreover, the mixture of the material keeps the bugs away also is easy to clean. If wall cladding is considered, then this material will surely cut out your efforts in maintenance.
- Longer durability - The material is highly durable and is not at all affected by the rainfall, hot summer conditions or breezy winds. Being environment-friendly, the WPC takes advantage of the durability of the plastic reducing the number of plastic landfills. The longer durability makes it an ideal choice for outdoors.
- Slip-resistant - Besides water-resistant, the wood plastic composite is also slip-resistant. Considering the slip-resistant, this material is used for floor decking around the swimming pools.
- Color variants - Considering the color interests of different individuals, the WPC is made available in different colors. The coat of the paint can’t be easily affected by the weather.
So, if you are looking for a durable material that stands best in all weather conditions and you can rely on for your next building project then Wood Plastic composite is definitely the shot worthy.