The methods that are followed for the flawless working of these pumps are direct lift, displacement, or gravity pumps. These pumps consume a lot of energy and perform mechanical operations and move the fluids using various sources of energy, with the help of electricity, wind power, engines, and other energy sources.
Domestic Water Pumps are again of different types. If we go into a little detailed study, there are in total of 6 types of domestic pumps. The first one is Centrifugal Pump. Centrifugal domestic pumps take the help of centrifugal force to pump out the water and it operates with an electric motor.
Advantages Domestic Water pumps
Pumps for domestic use are self-priming which signifies that it doesn’t requisite to be primed originally with water which marks its convention even calmer. The water pumped up is not cleared after the tip of the impeller and is circulated back to the extremity of the impeller.
Another advantage is that these pumps do not require too much of power as it works from the pressure of the water and also, these can be used in any domestic setting like bungalow, houses, flats, et cetera.
- These pumps are quieter to function and don’t need any cavitation. Also, the more the pressure of the water, the less it uses its own energy. The third type is called Borewell compressor pumps.
- They can use one or more than one impeller and can handle a large amount of flowing liquid. This type is very efficient and is used to pump up water that is free of impurities. The second type id submersible pumps. There are completely submerged in water and have an obscured motor.
- They are engineered to pump up water from the bore wells. The fourth one is called Pressure Booster Pumps. These are used to increase the water pressure and to supply water to homes. It is important that you properly choose the level of pressure to be applied in this pump as it can otherwise have a negative impact on the plumbing system of the whole house.
- These pumps are easy to install in the houses and are an all-in-one unit with the valves, pump, and motor and sensors offer maximum ease. These pumps are placed in locations where they aren’t prone to freezing. The second last in the list is the Shallow Well Pumps.
- These pumps are designed so that they can be used in the rural areas for shallow wells. They have a great suction capacity and are easy to maintain as well as install. The last type of domestic water pumps is the Self-Prime Regenerative Pumps.
- These pumps are designed so that they have vanes that can rotate inside the pump so that it can recirculate the water back to the base and not discharge it out.
All types of domestic water pumps have some particular features. It is important for you through them before you choose the one you need.