Initially, water is pulled inside the pump as an input so that the pump starts its rotatory motion and then further the impeller inside it pushed the liquid through the diffuser. Finally, the liquid reaches above the surface with immense pressure.
Difference between Horizontal and Vertical Submersible Pumps
Although both the pumps find utility for the same purpose but their functioning, positioning and their shape are different. Primarily, the position of the shaft is horizontal in Horizontal Submersible Pumps whereas it is overhung in the vertical position and is of radial-split case type of design in Vertical Submersible Pumps.
Also, Vertical Submersible Pumps have an edge over their horizontal counterparts since they can be installed in nearly 75% of the ground space required and they are far more budgeted and efficient too.
Advantages and disadvantages of Vertical Submersible Pumps
Advantages of Vertical submersible pumps
- These are best suited for operations where space is restricted.
- They work better while working with liquids having high temperatures and pressure.
- They can be put to use for a wider range of activities just by changing the NPSH.
- When compared to horizontal pumps their footprint is far smaller.
Disadvantages of Vertical submersible pumps
- These cannot be used with drivers like engines or turbines etc., because of their restricted coupling capacity and find utility only with electric motors.
- They need a huge headroom, posing a challenge against its maintenance and installation both.
- In the case of working with large multi-stage units, expensive barrel and pit are required.
- At high suction pressure, its vertically overhung design makes balancing the axial thrust a little trickier.
- Mechanical seals of the pump mostly fail when these are installed in areas where a high concentration of dissolved gases exist.
Main application areas of Vertical submersible pumps
- Liquids are extracted from lower levels and carried to higher levels via pipes or hose to be stored in tanks ex. water, chemicals, petroleum, etc.
- Water is pulled out from beneath the ground level to be used for irrigation and other purposes.
- Excess waterlogged in the basements filled due to failure of various factors, at construction sites, mines, sewerage pumping, emptying pond or water-filled because the flood is pulled out using these vertical submersible pumps.
Brand Of Vertical Submersible Pump
- Mac-Tech 0.75 hp Single Phase Lock Submersible Pump, Size: 100 mm
- Aqua Flow Vertical Submersible Pump, 1.0 HP
- Kirloskar 1-3 hp Vertical Submersible Pump
- Sri shakti Vertical Submersible Pump
- Vardaan 2 hp Heavy Duty Vertical Submersible Pump, Voltage: 220 V
Types Of Vertical Submersible Pump
- Single-Impeller Submersible Pumps
- Three Phase 1hp SS Vertical Submersible Pump, 220-440 V
- 1 - 3 HP Single Phase Vertical Openwell Submersible Pump
- Polypropylene Single Phase Electric Vertical Submersible Pumps
- 2.2-4.5 kW Multi-Stage Pump Vertical Agricultural Submersible Pump
Vertical Submersible Pump Price In India
|Vertical Submersible Pump
|Malhar Vertical Submersible Pump
||Rs 6,200/ Piece
|Vertical Chemical Resistant Submersible Pumps
|Three Phase 1hp SS Vertical Submersible Pump, 220-440 V
||Rs 8,000/ Piece
|3-30 hp Multistage Vertical Submersible Pump, Diameter: 150 mm
||Rs 10,000/ Piece
|1.5 hp Single Phase V4 Vertical Submersible Pump, Voltage: 220 V
||Rs 8,535/ Piece
Vertical Submersible Pumps are efficient, space-saving, technologically advanced, powerful yet safe devices, abundantly used for domestic, agricultural and industrial purposes.
These pumps are safe for children and pets too for the reason that water is prevented from entering inside the pump ensuring safety from the hazards from short circuits and other electronic failures.