1. Is it possible to run electricity in my whole house with a solar rooftop
It completely depends on your usage, on average 10,500 kWh of electricity is required per year to serve a house. If you install around 30-35 solar panels with an average of 250 watts for generating electricity then for sure it will be sufficient to run your entire home.
2. How does solar rooftop get calculated
The solar rooftop gets calculated on the basis of different parameters like the size of the power plant, cost of the plant without subsidy ( rs./kW), and the total generation of electricity from solar plants on an annual basis.
3. How much does a solar rooftop cost
There can be different prices for the solar rooftop depending on various factors. On average, it can fall within the range of 185 to 250 INR per watt. The total installation for the residential solar panels can cost somewhere around 60,000 to 1 lakh.
4. Can I get a subsidy for a solar rooftop
In India, as per the scheme of the government one can also avail subsidy which reduce down the price of the installation of the solar rooftop. If you generate around 1100 kWh to 1500 kWh per year solar energy then as per the scheme you can get around 2000-3000 annually as an incentive.
5. Do solar panels damage the roof
It is completely a myth as solar panels do not provide any kind of damage to your roof after getting properly installed. The things that need to be focused on for installation are that it should be done by a qualified professional, your solar installer should be licensed and the roof needs to be in good condition.
6. Can I walk on the solar rooftop
Yes, you can easily walk on the solar plates as they are extremely strong but one should avoid walking on the edges of the plate as it might damage the panel.
7. What is the estimated age of solar rooftop
Although solar rooftops have a long life, they can easily last for as long as 25 to 30 years. But this nowhere means that after the passage of time solar panels will stop producing electricity. Instead, the production amount of electricity gets decreased significantly, if the produced amount is sufficient then one can continue using the rooftop for as long as they want without any alterations.
8. Can I get free solar panels from the government
Yes, one can get free solar panels if they meet the eligibility criteria. You need to acknowledge the below requirements,
- You should have a low-income household rebate
- You will not get the rebate for the next ten years.
- You should have a valid department of veterans affairs gold card or pensioner concession card.
- You should have your own house.
- You should not possess any solar PV system.