The window opens by moving the belt to both other. Sliding windows function well on walls where there isn’t enough vertical height or space, yet there is a lot of horizontal areas. They offer a premium modern look than the conventional colonial style twofold hung windows.
Types of Sliding Window
There are different types of window sliding windows available in the window market. One should keep in mind certain things such as space occupied, maintenance needed ease of use before deciding which type of sliding window they want to install in their pretty homes for synergy.
Have a look at various option available below:
Single-hung windows are regularly the standard window alternative utilized in fresher home development and office spaces. The bottom panel moves vertically, while the upper panel remains immobile. Whenever opened, the bottom panel deters, at least partially, the upper panel. Single-hung windows popular choice due to low cost.
They are cheaper in price than other windows. Single-hung windows can cost 10-20% less than their compared to double-hung. While this may not appear to be an incredible distinction when replacing one or two windows, big homes that may need a large number of windows can find the major cost difference that rapidly adds up.
Those on a tight spending plan may turn to single-balanced windows to save money on initial expenses. Single-Hung windows have many limitations such as only the lower sash opens in a single-hung window, the window offers limited ventilation. They are no suitable for rooms that require more ventilation and are associated with cleaning problems.
Double-hung windows differ from single-hung as they offer the home the ability to open each panel rather than the bottom panel. This allows better air flow and ventilation, unlike a single-hung window. The ability to open and tilt each sash makes cleaning easier, too.
The capacity to open and tilt every band makes cleaning convenient, as well. If you are living off of the ground level can tilt the panel internal and clean both the inside and outside surfaces of the glass without requiring extraordinary expert from cleaning organization to do the task for you.
Features of Sliding Window
The major features of sliding windows can be described as:
- The panel is easily removable and safe cleaning
- Fusion-welded outline guarantee your window remains solid, square and climate tight
- Interlocking panel with climate stripping and support cover when shut to forestall air and water penetration
- Insulated twofold and triple-pane glass units can be arranged for all atmospheres
- The heavy-duty track and roller framework for long life and simple sliding
- Left and right force rails for simplicity of operation
- A large variety of color frames and grilles to highlight your home's style
- They allow you a large glass area allows for greater outdoor views such as your landscaped garden or scenic surroundings.
- They give a modern touch to your home.
- They are great space savers. The sliding windows are ideal options for constrained spaces as they glide left or right, rather swinging outward or inward. Hence, you no need to worry about any furniture or outdoor plants being in the way of your window.
Components of Sliding Window
The window industry uses its own language to describe various components. There are various components in the sliding window.
Let’s look at what they are commonly known:
- Frame: Frame surrounds to supports the entire sliding window system. It is comprised of the head, jamb, and sill.
- Head: Head is the horizontal part that forms the top of the window frame.
- Jambs: Jambs are the vertical parts that form the sides of a window frame.
- Sill: Sill is the horizontal part that forms the bottom of the frame of a window.
- Jambliner: It is a strip which runs around the sides of a window frame to provide a snug fit for the window sash.
- Balance: Balance is a mechanical device generally used in single- and double-hung windows for counterbalancing the weight of the sash during opening and closing.
- Sash: Sash is the moveable part of a window frame made up of the vertical and horizontal frame that holds the glass.
- Check Rail: In a double-hung window, check rail is the bottom part of the upper sash and the upper part of the lower sash come in contact. It is also known as the middle of the window.
- Glass: The framed sheet of glass within a window frame.
- Rail: Rail is the horizontal part of a window sash. It comprises of the lower rail and upper rail.
- Lift: Lift is the handle for moving the lower sash in a single- or double-hung window.
- Sash Lock: It is a mechanism used on a single- or double-hung window that holds with the sash lock strike to reduce rattling.
Applications of Sliding Window
Sliding windows are prominent in mid-century current homes styles (they were famous in new development amid the 60s). Sliders are a decent decision when you have to always open and close windows.
Advantages of Sliding Window
If you are looking to choose any sliding window, you will have major advantages such as:
- Unhampered view: Sliding windows are a perfect decision for openings that have a width more prominent than their height. The wide plan of a sliding window offers a vast and horizontal view outside. The bigger the window, the more sunlight light you'll have the enjoyment in your space.
- Energy Efficiency and ventilation: Because of its efficient design, a sliding window does not have complex moving parts that different kinds of windows have. Sliding Windows offers energy proficient glass choices that can keep your home at a reliable temperature all year and even lower your light bills. The result will be extra cash in your pocket, less money paid out towards your energy bills. Sliding windows are worked to enable both panes to be opened in the meantime, which allows maximum ventilation.
- Low Maintenance: These windows are worked with fewer parts than other regular windows. This perspective makes them low maintenance just as being financially savvy for property holders like you.
- Durability: Pulleys or even springs wear and flop over a timespan. Slider windows don't depend on these specific parts to open; most windows of this style likewise use a coating that adds to their durability.
- Convenience: Slider windows are very easy to open, they slide to the side as opposed to being pushed up. This is an interesting point in case you're rebuilding your home to make it increasingly practical for you as you get more seasoned.
Disadvantages of Sliding Window
Amid a large number of advantages, there are quite a few numbers of cons for using sliding windows in your sweet homes that are:
- Their style easily tends to be outdated dated.
- The tracks holding the pane frequently fill with dirt and debris, requiring incessant cleaning.
- Sizes and shapes are quite restricted.
- Double-hung windows can become a safety hazard for children when they are mounted low in a wall since they provide a large opening when the bottom panel is open.
- After balance springs can wear out or scarf ropes break. These windows require low maintenance.
- The expansive opening can make this sort of window a break-in peril.
Sliding Window Manufacturers in India
Now, with such an interesting piece of information on a sliding window, Let’s see where you can get a sliding window in India.
These are top 5 places in India to get a sliding window:
- Lingel windows and Door Technologies: It is a German organization. Over years, they have been fruitful in the class of sliding window makers with most recent innovation. In India organization is a central station in Bhiwadi, Rajasthan.
- Prominance uPVC Windows & Doors: It is India's biggest and most trusted windows and doors manufacturer. They have modified products by clients required. They give window and doors answers for each necessity worked to world-class quality and 20 years guarantee.
- AIS Windows: They delivers exceptional quality with exhaustive services offering end-to-end custom from counseling to glass and casing choice, to simple, hassle-free establishment whenever it might suit you.
- Kommerling: It is one of the most reputed brands that manufactures and manages predominant quality window profiles. Profine India Window Technology has a devoted group which improves and structures best windows and doors remembering the cutting-edge needs of the world. As a result of their one of a kind plans and top-notch items, Kommerling UPVC is ruling the international market and Indian market for the window profiles.
- Window Magic India: With modern technology, Window Magic has given another measurement to the development and design field. The UPVC windows, doors, and other products are accessible in different produced in consistency with a few national and global quality benchmarks in a strict manufacturing condition.
Sliding Window Price In India
|Three Track Sliding Windows
||Rs 500/ Square Feet
|Hollow Multi Chamber 3 Track Sliding Windows
||Rs 550/ Square Feet
|2 Track Sliding Window
||Rs 350/ Square Feet
|Glass Sliding Window
||Rs 420/ Square Feet
|Designer Sliding Window
||Rs 600/ Square Feet
Frequently Asked questions on Sliding Windows
1. What is Sliding Windows
A sliding window is usually described as a double-hung window placed on its side. they will open from either the left or the proper side to supply a good view of your surroundings. Slider windows also can accompany a spread of custom-made from grids to the personalized interior and exterior colors.
2. How many types of Sliding Windows
There are two types of sliding windows are double-sliding window and single-sliding window Double-slider windows have a contemporary look. They have two movable sashes, meaning both ends slide open.
3. Are sliding windows safe
Securing your sliding windows is key to ensuring that your home remains safe. Hinged windows are often built with locks in the frame by default, meaning the sliding windows are the ones more vulnerable to intrusion.
4. Which is the best sliding window or another window
Sliding windows are commonly affordable than other windows and are much easier to work. you' ll also choose just what quantity to go away them open, provide you with a specific amount of control in your home's airflow. beat all, sliding windows are cheaper to shop for and induct but they will be expensive.
5. What are some Benefits of Sliding Windows
Sliding windows have fewer parts than conventional windows, making them a low-maintenance and cost-effective choice for residential homes and sliding windows is highly durable and easy to use cost-effective.
6. Are sliding windows is best
Sliding windows are open from side to side, they are quite easy to open and close with minimal effort. The design also allows maximum ventilation from the full height of the window from floor to ceiling. And because slider windows have fewer moving parts, they are one of the most low-maintenance window styles you can choose.
7. Why are Sliding windows energy efficient?
Sliding windows Energy efficient windows, also known as energy-saving windows, are designed to prevent your heated or cooled air escaping from your home.
8. Slider windows vs double hung
A large window provides more of a clear view of the outside since your eye takes during a wider view of the landscape. Because they're commonly larger in size, sliding windows also tend to open wider than standard double-hung windows, confess more natural ventilation.
9. What is a sliding window called?
Sliding windows are used in openings that are wider than they are tall. They open sideways, with one panel sliding over the other. Casement windows, also known as crank windows, are often chosen for tall, narrow window openings.