1. What are the recommended usage allowances for the safe operation of slurry pumps
- The usual guarding of rotating components is an essential aspect of operating slurry pumps safely.
- It is also essential to get advice from your manufacturer or dealer to make sure you operate the machine under the recommendable guidelines.
- The pump duty is also an essential aspect to measure how efficiently the pump will work. If you are operating the pump on a slurry that is not the same as the duty it is tested at, you will not get nearly the same efficiency as it is advertising.
- You have to also pay attention to the size of the pump pipes you apply, as fitting a line of the wrong size can lead to the material leaking and even an explosion of the pump.
- Alarm monitors of power and pressure can also help you keep your pump running smoothly.
- Good manufacture of the pump and using the right parts inside is on the manufacturer and very important.
2. I decided to cut down on the slurry pipeline's length; why did my pump start to overload
Since slurry pumps run at fixed speeds, not telling them about removing a pipe section will make it easier for the pump to direct the slurry. You can see the significant difference in the pump curves. If you lower the head, the pump starts pumping against the duty, and the point will move towards the right. A higher flow rate means much more work done and more critical power requirements. The opposite will happen if you increase the head without changing velocity. This phenomenon will lower the flow rate below critical settings. It would help if you always talked to the manufacturer for advice regarding the change in your slurry pump's pipelines.
3. Can I use oil to lubricate my slurry pump bearings
Most slurry pump bearings have designs that use grease lubrication instead of oil. It is more complex to design slurry pumps for oil lubrication, as any leaks are far worse for both lacks of lubrication and spillage of lubricant. Grease lubrication makes maintenance appropriate and straightforward for the speeds typically seen in the equipment of this make.
4. What is slurry pump price in India
Slurry Pump Price
|Small Slurry Pump
||Rs 6500/ piece
||Rs 18000/ Piece
|Kirloskar Slurry Pump
||Rs 10000/ Piece
|Submersible Slurry Pump
|Centrifugal Slurry Pumps
||Rs 26500/ piece
5. Slurry pump manufacturers in india
Slurry pump manufacturers
|Noble Procetech Engineers
|Panchal Pumps & Systems
|Siddhi Agro Industry
|Kissan Engineering Corporation
|Air Tech Pumps And Equipments
6. Can I re-use an old slurry pump for extensive usage
You should refrain from doing so, and as if the pump is not running for a long time, it must have taken some damage from lack of operation. Moving parts with proper maintenance and lubrication enables them to work for long hours while being smooth. Pumps that stay idle without maintenance pick up moisture and dust from the environment, which collects internal parts' edges. This moisture and dust create rust inside components, making them obsolete. An old pump is in a condition which barely runs well. You will have to open them and check how many of them are reusable. If you can recycle any parts, the pump will be reusable after a bit of repair. Or you might have to get a new slurry pump to get back in business.